Sunday, July 6, 2014

How Big is Your Stash?

Your craft supply stash, that is.

Are you a well stocked crafter (*cough* hoarder *cough), or do you buy your supplies as you need them?


I'll admit, I have a little bit of a problem when it comes to yarn. I buy it. A whole lot of it, in fact. And it's catching up with me as my storage is bursting at the seams...

My hubby has started making half-hearted threats (ha!) about it all disappearing one of these days.  (He wouldn't dare! Would he?)

But honestly, I could probably crochet for an entire year - Christmas included - without buying a single skein of yarn.  How crazy is that?!

So yeah, I have lots. I am a very well stocked crafter.


It got me thinking...wouldn't it be nice to use a good chunk of it?  To clear the closets and storage bins and baskets?  To lighten up this big yarn-y load?

And yeah, to make room for some new yarn...! (New yarn? I'm in!)

So for the next 90 days, it looks like I'll be on a self-imposed yarn buying freeze.  Not a single new skein will come through my door. I've seen similar challenges out there in blogland and I'm excited to see if I can whip up some awesomeness with the three tons of yarn that I have on hand.  (Which is only a mild exaggeration, no joke.)

And because I'm quickly turning into a crazy hashtagger (thanks for that, Instagram), I'm going to call it the #90dayyarndestash.

Sounds like fun, right?

Now I just have to stick to this whole 'no buying new yarn' thing...

*bites nails and looks around nervously*

Think I can do it?

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments :

  1. You can do it :) It's fun accomplishing a goal and even more fun buying more yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiana! Goals are good. Buying new yarn is very good, too. (Better, maybe...?) It will definitely be interesting to rummage through what I have and see what damage I can do ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We'll see. Andy caught me checking out a yarn sale online this morning and he has his doubts that I'll make it the full 90 days. Of course, now I'll just do it to prove him wrong! Ha :P

      Delete